1 hour 30 mins
10- 15 rolls
50g plant butter
7g instant yeast
240ml plant milk
1/2 tsp salt
A pinch of cardamom
50g butter (room temp)
50g brown sugar
3-5 tbsp cinnamon
1. Heat butter and milk in a pan until the
butter is melted, set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar,
cardamom and yeast, until well
3. Add the warm butter and milk to the
bowl (it should be no more than 40°C).
When it's all mixed together start
kneading the dough for 10-12 minutes.
4. Let it prove for an hour.
5. Roll out the dough into a thin
rectangle - smear with butter to begin,
then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
6. Tightly roll up the dough (make sure the
seam is down), start cutting it into 2-5cm
pieces. Add to a baking tray, cover and let
them prove for 30 mins.
7. Once they're done proving, glaze them with
milk and bake for 20-30 minutes at 180°C.
(Optional choice): Icing drizzle.
Mix 125g vegan icing sugar with 15ml warm
water, then drizzle over and allow to cool.