Here's how you can make a rich moist chocolate cake which also happens to be VEGAN!🌱
⦁ 350ml plant milk
⦁ 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
⦁ 250g sugar
⦁ 150ml oil
⦁ 220g flour
⦁ 80-90g cocoa powder
⦁ 1 tsp baking soda
⦁ 1 tsp baking powder
⦁ Pinch of salt
⦁ 1 can coconut milk (full fat) *You can also use vegan cream and even oat milk
⦁ 400g dark chocolate (this will be enough for filling and icing)
1. Start by making the ganache: heat the coconut milk in a pan but make sure it doesn't boil. Add the milk to a heat prove bowl and add the chocolate pieces. Let it melt for a few minutes and then stir until it's completely melted and smooth. Put it in the fridge for a few hours or alternatively the freezer but keep an eye on it (it actually saves you a lot of time hehe).
2. Now it's time for the cake, preheat the oven to 180C and grease your tin with oil or butter.
3. Whisk together the plant milk, vinegar, oil, vanilla and sugar and set it aside.
4. In a large bowl add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Make sure you whisk it so it's completely smooth with no lumps.
5. Put the batter in the tin (18.5cm in diameter) and bake for 20-40 minutes (keep an eye on it, the first time I baked the cake it took 25 min and the second time it took 45 min which I can't explain haha).
6. When it's ready take it out and leave to rest until it's cooled down, add whatever filling you like (I added some leftover vanilla frosting but the ganache tastes amazing too).
There you have it, a nice moist rich chocolate cake🎂