50g plant butter
7g instant yeast
240ml plant milk
1/2 tsp salt
A pinch of cardamom
50g butter (room temp)
50g brown sugar
3-5 tbsp cinnamon
1. Heat butter and milk in a pan until the butter is melted, set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, cardamom and yeast, until well combined.
3. Add the warm butter and milk to the bowl (it should be no more than 40°C). When it's all mixed together start kneading the dough for 10-12 minutes.
4. Let it prove for an hour.
5. Roll out the dough into a thin rectangle - smear with butter to begin, then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
6. Tightly roll up the dough (make sure the seam is down), start cutting it into 2-5cm
pieces. Add to a baking tray, cover and let them prove for 30 mins.
7. Once they're done proving, glaze them with milk and bake for 20-30 minutes at 180°C. (Optional choice): Icing drizzle. Mix 125g vegan icing sugar with 15ml warm water, then drizzle over and allow to cool.