Sweet and delicious Vegan Nutella Cookies. These are incredibly comforting and it's the perfect recipe to make on a cosy Sunday afternoon.
What Is Vegan Nutella Cookies?
Vegan Nutella Cookies are like vanilla-flavored, slightly crumbly biscuits that are sandwiched together with a chocolate-hazelnut filling. Think of it as a soft, sweet cookie hugging a creamy, nutty chocolate center. YUM!
How To Store Vegan Nutella Cookies
To ensure your Vegan Nutella Cookies stay fresh and delicious for longer, follow these simple storage tips:
Cool completely: Allow the cookies to cool completely at room temperature before storing.
Airtight Container: Add the cookies to an airtight container this is to protect them from drying out and absorbing any unwanted odors in the refrigerator.
Refrigerator: Store the cookies in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days to maintain their texture and flavor. They'll keep the moisture for longer if they're stored at room temp but then they won't last as long. The choice is yours :-)
Freezer: For longer storage, tightly wrap the cookies in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2-3 months. Put the cookies in the refrigerator overnight before eating.
By following these storage guidelines, you can extend the 'shelf life' of your Vegan Nutella Cookies and enjoy their deliciousness for as long as possible.
VEGAN NUTELLA COOKIES
Prep-Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 5-8 mins
Amount: 6-8 cookies
62 g vegan butter
65 g white white sugar
120 g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp water
1/2 cup Icing sugar for dusting
Vegan nutella (I used bonsan mylk hazelnut cocoa spread)
1. Add sugar, butter, baking powder to a bowl and whisk until everything is fully mixed. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until a soft dough is formed. Wrap it in clingfilm and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2. Add the dough to a floured surface and roll it out, it needs to be about 1/4 inch/0.635 cm ish thick. Cut out the cookies by using cookie cutters, if you don't have that you can also use a glass or a cup (see video for more instructions).
3. Add the cookies to a tray and put them in the freezer for 45 mins.
4. Bake the cookies at 356°F (180°C) for about 6-8 minutes, when they start turning golden on the sides, they're ready.
5. After the cookies have cooled it's time to dust icing sugar on top and fill them with nutella, add as much as you want. I added about 1/2 teaspoon per cookie. Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
More tasty vegan recipes