About the Recipe
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil or alternative
440g water (warm)
1-2 tbsp sugar
10g instant yeast
1. Mix flour, sugar and yeast together.
2. Add salt, oil and water and mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. If you're kneading by hand it will take between 8-14 minutes (depending on your strength). If
you are using a stand mixer, mix at low speed for 3 minutes and then fast speed for the last 5 minutes. You can always do the windowpane test if you're not sure if the dough is ready or not.
4. Take the dough out of the bowl and shape it into a ball. Put it into an oiled bowl and spread a little oil on top (to prevent it from going dry). Let it sit for 45-50 minutes.
5. Gently punch the air out of the dough and divide it into 2 balls. Shape each ball into a long sausage and add them to separate oiled bread tins. Let them rest for another 45-50 minutes.
6. Once done resting - glaze with a mix of milk and oil and add your favourite seeds on top of the doughs (I used sesame and poppy seeds).
7. Bake them for 40-45 minutes at 190°C.