Okay okay, I know I say this a lot but this cake, is honestly perfection. This is one of my favorite recipes ever, it's also the one I'm the most proud of. It's moist, flavourful, it's soft on the inside, and then it's got a nice thin crunchy layer on the outside. What more can you want? Here's how you can make it.
Prep-time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25-35 minutes
Servings: 1 cake
200 ml vegetable oil
180 ml plant milk
2 tbsp vanilla extract
lemon juice (about 1/4 cup)
Zest from 1 lemon
300 g plain flour
150 g sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
10 g poppyseeds
5 tbsp of oil (for the cake tin)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C degrees.
2. Then add all the wet ingredients to a large bowl (oil, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, zest and flax eggs, mix well.
3. Then add all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, poppyseed, baking powder and baking soda) and mix well.
4. Add the batter to a greased bundt cake tin (I used this) and tap it a few times to get rid of any air bubbles. Bake for 25-35 minutes at 180 c degrees.
5. After the cake has chilled you can make some frosting and add that onto the cake (its optional, but tastes incredible), and enjoy it with a nice cup of tea!
If you're interested in the equipment I used in this recipe, I've listed it down below. I am a firm believer in quality over quantity which is why I use equipment from Baker's Secret. The cake tin is probably my favorite cake tin ever! It's SO good. No more cake sticking to the cake tins haha, yes I'm talking to you cheap baking equipment from IKEA.
Want to try more tasty recipes?